Forum > LCD TV forum

X23/50G LCD 231BL No Channels found.

(1/3) > >>

Davy:
X23/50G  LCD 231BL No channel found after a retune, everything else is OK but won't let me flash the firmware. I've tried a factory reset which didn't halp.

In the service menu (click menu then enter 471147), clicking on 'Auto ADC' I get 'ADC Fail' with
what should be line number 1 and line 6 entries are entirely missing.

The Eprom is a MX25L3206E.... is it possible to put a blank one in and then flashing with these Tesco Wonder Telly's?

Dave

Turnip:
Hi Davy,

You didn't mention the maker label stuck on the front - Chris.

Davy:
It's a Technika... a TWT, Tesco Wonder Telly, main board is a MSD306-B2.

Funny thing is in service mode on 'Auto ADC menu' I get line 0,2,3,4,5,7,8 & 9.... but nothing on line 1 & 6, I'm pretty sure line 1 and 6 should be displayed. I do have a blank chip but dunno if I should try it or not everything works fine including the DVD just can't find stations.

Trying to find a circuit of some description so I can get an idea of what voltages I'm looking for incase any are missing or wrong.

Dave

Turnip:
Hi Dave, don't yet have it listed.

Might well be as maybe it's a UMC wonder, famed for SSB issues where Eeproms might be bought but the set still doesn't work due to issues only China might understand.

If a Technika isn't Vestel, I don't care to know - Best of luck - Chris.

Davy:
Yep, it is UMC.

I'm curious why lines 1 and 6 are missing from the ADC entries in service menu, did enquire about a programmed chip at UMC UK and got the usual run off....  "We don't supply spares, send us the telly".

It's got Technika embossed in the front trim which  I forgot to mention when you asked, the trims come in various colours, bet my last dollar the fault was caused by a broken crimp on the neutral lead that plugs into the mobo, I thought it was the power switch at first.

Thanks for trying Chris, good on you to take time, should I come up with an answer I'll post back.

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version