Forum > LCD TV forum

SAMSUNG MODEL UE40D5520

(1/3) > >>

engineer1234:
I have a Samsung Model UE40D5520, when you power it up the TV comes on and shows the Logo then after a couple of seconds it switches off then back on again, it continually does this.

I have checked the BN44-00422B power supply and I cannot see any obvious capacitor problem, can anyone please give me some guidance, I see plenty on this fault on the internet but I cannot see a cure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated  :sign0085:

fix2003:
try heating the processor chip. possible tin whisker has been reported with these sets

The idea is to heat the chip to such a temperature to evaporate the tin whiskers but to avoid reflowing the IC connections.

downunder:

Unplug the main board from the power supply and power the set on at the mains. If all is ok apart from the main board, the set will power on and display backlights for as long as it is left on. If it does, then the main board is faulty.                      Bruce

engineer1234:
Fix2003 thank you for your reply, I tried what you suggested but the TV still has the same problem

engineer1234:
Downunder thank you for you reply, if I unplug the power supply from the main board the backlights all stop on, when I plug it back in again, they come on when the screen shows " smart TV ", then go out when this disappears from the screen.

Can you suggest a fix for this board or is it a case of replacing it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version