Forum > PLASMA TV forum

7 blinks error Panasonic plasma TV

(1/1)

Jeronimus:
I have Panasonic plasma TV 42PZ800, it blinks 7 times. Searching around I got the tip that Y-SUS and buffer boards could be defect. A lot of people recommend replacing all of those 3 boards. I ordered new boards and replaced them but it didn't solve the problem.

I noticed that we I disconnect power cable of the Y-SUS board I get the same error, but when I disconnect the signal thin strip cable the 7 blinks go away and i get the fans spinning.

Any tips anyone?

Thank you in advance for your help.

downunder:

Your diagnosis is correct. Any or all the mentioned boards will cause it. If you disconnect the SC board (Y-Sus) from the power supply, the microprocessor will detect this as a failed SC board and give error code 7 still. If you disconnect the flat cable, you're removing the path for the error signals going back to the micro, hence no error codes.

I'm thinking you've a faulty SC board. It must have been a used board because of the age of the TV - new boards have not been available for some years. Unfortunately, replacement is the only way to check. Does the vendor have a return policy?

Bruce

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version