Forum > LCD TV forum

Is my TV goosed?

(1/1)

blooka:
Have a cheap hitachi 58HK6100UA        58 inch tv which has just stopped working properly and i wondered if it is possible to fix or a total scrapper
it turns on but scrolls from picture which is a bit grainy to a blank screen with a yellowish halo around it, also a light spot has appeared in the bottom left corner with a black spot in it . was ok the then it just went it hasnt gradually become worse. i wouild just use it for a spare if it could even be partially repaired.
cheers guys hope you can give me some info

downunder:

A bit hard to say definitively. At the bottom of the TV (inside) you'll see a smallish board (T-Con) with flat leads (Flexy cables, usually 2flexy) going to the long boards along the bottom of the panel. I'd start by disconnecting one flexy at a time, switch the tv on and see if you get a clean half of the screen (may be pure white, black or have vertical lines). Then reconnect that flexy and unclip the other one and check the screen. Report back with your results (pictures are good) and we'll go from there.               Bruce

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version