Forum > LCD TV forum

Maxim 11-57

(1/1)

norman:
Hi Guys, I have a Maxim 11-57 for repair. The green light is on when you switch on. The standby 5 volts is fine, the other outputs from the supply rise momentarily then fall away. I am sure the psu is ok. I read somewhere about overiding the standby but I am not sure what to do. I have no circuit for this. If anyone can help with a circuit or suggestions please respond. Thanks Norman.

Ohm Supplies:
Norman.

What voltage do you have coming out of tr20? exactly. Also is the front of the set flashing 7 or 8?

regards
Andy

Ohm Supplies

norman:
Hi Andy, I have 5.1 or there about coming out TR20. The led isn't flashing it's just steady green. The other outputs of the supply are rising at switch on then quickly fade,if you switch off the secondary voltages rise again and obviously then die.There is no response from the remote control,ie can't put set in standby. I have checked the seconderies for shorts etc.  and just about everything in the PSU. Any suggestions very welcome. Thanks Norman.

Ohm Supplies:
Norman,

We've had problems with the shunt regulators failing in the supply BUT only under load, It might be an idea to replace them even though they test ok on a meter and even a component tester as the tester only applies a relitively small amount of voltage

regards
Andy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version