Forum > LCD TV forum

lexsor 27 inch switches from standby but otherwise dead

(1/1)

ex ttg:
Hi all
First time on here.20 years exp. as tv engineer but a bit out of practice as spent last 2 years repairing pc's for my last employers so a little rusty on the lcd's but i have a lexsor 27 with a 782-l27w18-200d psu.Standby led goes from red to blue,5v and 15v present from psu but nothing else.No audio/video/backlight/osd etc.Fusible link FU502 open circuit but can't find anything else obvious on psu so presuming a fault on main pcb.Does anyone know this set or have a service manual.Any help would be much appreciated.

yellowpinky:
Hello,
I have just seen your posting.
I also have one of these sets with FU 502 o/c.
I found most of the caps in the power supply low value.
I have replaced them and the set works ok.
Did you find the fault and a circuit ?
I am still trying to find a replacement for FU502, it looks like 5A.
Regards Ian Harrison (Sound and Vision) ianharrison40@hotmail.co.uk

ex ttg:
Hi
thanks for the reply.I'm sure the circuit protector was 5A though i didn't get as far as trying to source one,just fitted one i had in stock to test.After I replaced mine I jumped for joy when I had backlight than sank when I discovered I still had no video or osd.The customer decided to sent it to the great tv cemetery that is our local tip after I presumed a main board fault(eeprom?).Maybe I should have replaced rather than measure the electrolytics,I'll never know now.I was probably put off by the fact that i had just before replaced every electrolytic on a wharfedale(vestel) psu with identical symptoms only to find a bga video processor hot enough to fry eggs writing that off.
All the best :wallbash:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version