Author Topic: LG 42PC1RV PDP42V8  (Read 9515 times)

brandyman

• Email
LG 42PC1RV PDP42V8
« on: August 05, 2009,13:03:04 »
My LG 42PC1RV (Chassis PDP42V) started playing up about 6 months ago.

It would switch on and after some variable time it would go into standby.  Once it went to standby it would immediately try to power up again but then go back to standby.  Blue light on front would flash on and off in time with this event and also noise of relay switching on and off from PSU board.  If I unplugged the tv from the mains socket and left for some time and dwitched it back on later it would again work for sometime before once again going through this switching on/off process.

I checked all voltages on PSU board and found them not to exist.  I then removed all connectors bar the mains input from the PSU board and checked voltages again.  This time all voltages were fine.
I found that if I re-connected all leads to the PSU board except the one going to the YSUS board the voltages on the PSU board were fine.  For some reason the YSUS board is dragging all the PSU board voltages down when it is connected.

The TV has now totally failed.  Switch it on and the blue light comes on with audible noise of relay clicking but after about 5 seconds relay clicks again (presumably off) and blue light flashes at about one second interval.
There is a board below the PSU board (probably control board) that has two red LED's on it.  On switch on both of these leds light up but when the problem occurs one goes out.
If I remove lead between PSU and YSUS board and repower the tv appears to go into standby mode.  There is no relay click after about 5 seconds and both red leds remain on and blue light stays on.  I am assuming that these leds are some form of basic diagnostic.

I am of the opinion that possibly the YSUS and/or YDRV boards could bve faulty.  Any ideas?

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
download
download
download