Author Topic: Samsung P50C450B1W - S/by issue.  (Read 651 times)

Turnip

• Global Moderator
    • Email
Re: Samsung P50C450B1W - S/by issue.
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018,12:58:46 »
Well said,

But selling folks always say 'Its from a smashed screen' even if buying a screen. Note you mentioned that a smashed screen always duffs up the Y-sus and the buffers.

Supplying folks are sending another Y-sus, not needing the old one back, and all for 8.50 inc post.

Pretty decent considering. Guess they shouldn't try sell a Y-sus as OK if they can't check it, but they do as there are rather a lot about - Chris.

Mulja tv repair portal

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018,12:58:46 »

Turnip

• Global Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2018,10:38:33 »
Hi Bruce,

Thought mention the new Y/sus doesn't seem to have S/C IGBTs but the Vs dies after 2 seconds and the logic Led shows the three second flash as it did with the original board. Seems I'm back to the start but not too much out of pocket.

Wouldn't mind advice. Seems as a broken screen duffs up the Y/sus and buffers, maybe my issue is elsewhere. Sadly as the screen doesn't light up, though the sound gives the usual Sammy Fa-Da, haven't a clue what to check next.

Tend to think LCD sets have a future, even curved ones - Noticed a big one at the local tip today, in the pile for smashed screens where you might think a curved screen would survive a brick - Thanks for any thoughts - Chris.

downunder

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2018,03:14:19 »

Hi Chris,

Since you have been unable to generate "Power and Logic boards test patterns without the Main board" as per fast-track guide, you

may have a faulty logic board. (remember to force the PSU on for this test). Can't say I recall ever replacing a Logic board, but I

guess it is the T-Con of the plasma world, and have replaced LCD T-Cons to be sure.

Checking logic boards is not a precise art. It needs 5V from the PSU and probably has some series regulators on it. Sure-fire test is

by replacement of course. This may not be a definitive solution but I'm running out of ideas.

Bruce

Mulja tv repair portal

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2018,03:14:19 »

Turnip

• Global Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2018,12:26:43 »
Many thanks Bruce,

Folks have said a duff screen will cause the issue, so had a good look and mine seems OK, far as I can see. Most all boards for this set are incredibly cheap for some reasons, so suspect something lurking that selling folks don't care to speak about.

Guess go for a 'Logic' then maybe bin it.

Was almost getting to like plasma after Y-sus fun with recent Panasonic sets - Chris.

downunder

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2018,06:22:42 »

Holding my breath, Chris. Don't give up on plasmas - they're just another tv, albeit a bit different to other TV formats.

Bruce

Turnip

• Global Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2018,11:46:11 »
Hi Bruce,

Breath again, as tried a logic board and still get a three second flash.

Tend to suspect it's the screen although it looks OK.

Don't suspect there's a way of checking a screen, sort of firing it up with batteries ?

Thought not, so guess wait for the next one though Sammy plasma are rare, though get heaps of Panasonic plasma where overnight updates cause folks to feel Panasonic isn't the biz.

Such folks pull the plug at night after following Pana advice, but sets just flash Red in the morning.

Seems odd, as when S/by and CH+ are pressed together, set works normally with updates and new channels still turned off.

Glad I don't now do house calls as seems a once a month biz - Chris.

Mulja tv repair portal

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2018,11:46:11 »

downunder

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2018,03:46:57 »

Hi Chris,

That's a sad finale, then. Best check a panel for cracks in bright sunlight and examine it in a slight diagonal angle, otherwise they're hard to pick up.

I killed 2 Y-Sus boards on a TV once, until I noted the crack in the panel. Plenty of Panasonics indeed. Trouble is obtaining boards for them.

Bruce

Turnip

• Global Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2018,12:30:48 »
Thanks Bruce,

Gather you don't have the issue where certain Panasonic sets - Plasma and LCD - Notice an overnight update then refuse to function 'till you press S-by and channel up together, do a factory reset then turn off possible updates.

Suspect the download wasn't intended for those models, but some sets listened in and obeyed. Bit of an earner but some have been back three times, as old folks don't listen and don't turn off overnight.

Worst seems to have been the Pana TX-P50G20B which is otherwise a nifty set, as we had one back three times, as cust said it used to click in the night, even though he was supposed to turn it off.

Customers always being right, trying find something cheap and cheerful - Loaned him a Vestel LCD 40 inch and he loved it, even though heat had caused the diffuser sheets to melt a bit at the top

Amazed that he couldn't tell a Panasonic plasma from a Vestel LCD - Gratified though - Chris.

downunder

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2018,05:13:05 »

Hi Chris,

Never had issues with sets being disabled, but we have had sets that are nocturnal, switching themselves in the wee hours of the morning, notably Samsungs and LGs, giving customers the heebyjeebies. Did have some probs with some of the early sets when punters selected the Community Channel (which had progressed to mpeg4).

These sets would freeze and had to be reinitialised to restore them. But don't recall Panasonics being in this mix. Suspect the EPG providers have been tinkering with their formats.

Bruce