Forum > DVD/VIDEO/Home Cinemas/Hi-Fi/Mp3/Camcorder

Sony Sound Bar - SA-WCT380 - No Sub Woofing.

(1/2) > >>

Turnip:
Hi folks,

Have this sound bar - OK apart from the Sub Woofer which doesn't function. Had a look where F931(2.5AT) was O/C.
Replaced but no secondary voltages. Might be STR Y6766B but unsure as it hasn't popped anything.

Found schematic so attach - Chris.

downunder:

Hi Chris, could well be the STR - they're known to lie doggo, especially when first powered on.

Some heat on the device often brings them back to life.

Bruce

Turnip:
Thanks Bruce,

Was dubious as have lots of chips on the shelf, even coherers where the filings don't get it together.

Gave it a blast of heat, then a freeze - Nothing of course.

Think wait 'till the second one appears as seems the latest sets have a modicum of bass where sound bars maybe a thing of the past - Hope so, as even Sony sound bars appear to be rubbish - Chris.

Turnip:
Thanks Bruce,

Replaced the STR and the PS was OK 'till I plugged it into the amp, where fuses popped. Had checked for shorts but found none.  New STR is now duff as they don't like issues up them.

Thought to check the TAS5614LA audio chip noting no shorts - Seems incredible one might get 250 watts out of something the size of an SMD flattened Pea, even with 90% efficiency.

Gather chip cheap from China but currently unsure whether can sort all those pins, out and in - Chris.

downunder:

Hi Chris,

I've never had the courage to attempt replacing the SOP chips on home theatres and such, but surely there's protection in these things. I suspect you may have gotten a counterfeit IC. If you wander down that road again, substitute a 60/75W lamp for the fuse. Should prevent further pops. Guess you're too busy amusing Trump at the moment.

With the forum so quiet, I was beginning to think the UK had sunk below the waves.

Bruce

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version