Forum > LCD TV forum

TOSHIBA 32AV933

(1/1)

saud52:
Good day, my dear colleagues, I need your help!
Please help me if you know the solution. A seemingly straightforward job: a my Toshiba TV is stuck in standby, meaning the red LED lights up but the TV does not respond to any commands, hence it does not turn on. This would point me towards a corrupt firmware and a couple of searches confirm that the same issue was solved on this exact model by flashing it. I find a dump for it. I reprogrammed Flash eeprom U4 but without results. My TV still shows the same thing and does not work. The board is a 32AV933. Cheers guys. Would you really appreciate it if you could help?
Best Regards!
 :sign0085:

Turnip:
Hi Saud52,

Don't have it listed, and you don't mention panels. Most small Toshiba are Vestel - 17MBXXX where on corruption usually no Red Led - Chris.

saud52:
Dear!
I know that, but this is not a Vestel chassis. This is a Toshiba vith chassis 32AV933 from a Chinese manufacturer.
The name of that manufacturer I do not know. Do you know that?

Turnip:
Hi Saud52,

Seems Toshiba cheapies now use Chinese panels which give just the problem you mention. I know them as 'UMC sets' under various brands and have never managed to sort one although some programmed Eeproms are available - Never work though.

Note one Eeprom supplier suggests the M'Proc is liable duff if an Eeprom doesn't sort it - Confess binned every one and have seen several in most every screen size - Biggest a 55 inch Blaupunkt.

At least with a 'Vestel' we had a chance as they do schematics, and heaps of panels on Ebay - Chris.

lolville:

--- Quote from: saud52 on January 14, 2019,12:38:49 ---Dear!
I know that, but this is not a Vestel chassis. This is a Toshiba vith chassis 32AV933 from a Chinese manufacturer.
The name of that manufacturer I do not know. Do you know that?

--- End quote ---

Its made by toshiba and its not a chinese chassis neither a vestel one.

You have to update the firmware or reprogram the eeprom chip.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version