Author Topic: lg tv lens replacement  (Read 952 times)

Turnip

• Global Moderator
    • Email
Re: lg tv lens replacement
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2019,11:37:31 »
Noticed Ebay now does LG 6v 3535 Leds with a big positive pad LATWT391RZLZ   20 for a tenner - Chris.

Mulja tv repair portal

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2019,11:37:31 »

downunder

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2019,15:25:08 »

Just bought myself 4 UV glue pens for 20AUD. Will be interesting to see how they work reattaching dislodged lens caps.       Bruce

t1412

• Email
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019,06:39:24 »
Hi bruse is it the 5 second fix glue, seems ok to use, thanks   

shaun

Mulja tv repair portal

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019,06:39:24 »

sinclairtv

• Email
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019,10:30:13 »
Philips 50in set uses leds that hae reverse polarity from usual LG types. Typical Philips..simply years behind

Turnip

• Global Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2019,12:05:13 »
Hi Sinclair,

That's Philips, always doing things differently, even their install modes take a degree in daftness to sort.

Like the UV setting glue pen idea, got a cheapy from China with a UV Led in one end and glue in the other, battery in the middle - No luck for me, didn't set. Tend not to use anything which can corrupt the light pattern if it gets on to the lenses. Experimenting with Black or White silicone sealants and water based White glue. Getting a blob the right size is an issue, note Ebay does syringes with small nozzles. Matter of getting the stuff in before it sets solid, speed is the essence - Chris.

downunder

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2019,07:03:03 »

Well, I've had better fortune with the UV glue. At least the UV can shine through the lens cap to set the glue. I like the Turnip Theory of making sure there are no light halos by temporarily placing the thick sheet over the LEDs before you glue a lens cap in place. Might seem pesky, but it much better in the long run.

Sorry Shaun, I missed your earlier post - yep, the 5 second UV glue.                              Bruce

Mulja tv repair portal

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2019,07:03:03 »

downunder

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2019,05:40:24 »

Just noted today on a 60 inch Panasonic, that the thick diffuser had "burn in" from the LEDs. Above each LED was a 2cm perfect circle, and around that was a 5cm larger circle - I've not seen that before - and furthermore, if you looked straight at some of the naked LEDs, there was a halo of orange and yellow light. If you try to lift the white backing sheet, you'll find it's firmly glued from woe to go, so it's best to cut along a faulty LED strip and just lift it enough to work locally. Doesn't bode well.                                          Bruce