Forum > PLASMA TV forum

50ps3000

(1/2) > >>

tv tony:
Hello All,
              I am a moderator on the forum but due to illness I'm not as able to come on as often. Anyway, I have an LG 42PS3000 in. As usual no picture, Vs and Va ok, found a s\c cap and o\c resistor on y-sus. These feed and decouple voltages for the buffers. Now I have perfect lower picture but the top is modulated but grossly overbright. Can the y-sus board be the cause, I would have thought that as the lower part is perfect the y-sus is likely to be ok. I'm going for the buffer pcb. Who is with me on this one, is any old fellow techies I used to converse with on here still around. Ta anyone?

downunder:

HI tony,
I agree with your reasoning. As the Y-Sus is generating a picture, it's probably OK. Don't forget test patterns as well, though unlikely to make
any conclusions from it.

I like a man who uses Spellcheck.                             Bruce

tv tony:
Ta Bruce, I've seen a lot of your posts. I used to be on the site a lot. In the days when LCD\PLASMA was in it's infancy. Thanks for your comment re. spelling. It used to hack me off when people can't even get the model number right. I've got dementia now but I still try, I play Scrabble a lot on-line and love playing you lot over there.
Cheers re. the tv, it belongs to one of the people at my care home, I'll go for the buffer, thanks Bruce.

downunder:

Not yet at the dementia stage. Cryptic crosswords for me, although the Guardian one is so cryptic, I suspect the compiler might have dementia,
or a wicked sense of humour.     Bruce

Turnip:
Truly wonderful, but sad Tony now has issues - Chris.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version