Forum > PLASMA TV forum

lg 47la620v-za power on issue

(1/1)

pheerson:
Hi

Recently my LG TV wont turn on properly, When i turn it on it will light up with the lg logo for a second or two then power off with red blinking light. I opened the back for a look and the power supply board had some slight discoloration but nothing major. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a replacement board or maybe something else that might be causing this issue?

thank in advance

calum

michael first:
hi, maybe a main board issue.

downunder:

Possibly main board but am more inclined to lean (no pun intended) towards a backlight problem. You'll need to dismantle the display panel and observe the LEDs in the short period they do operate at switch-on. See if one or more LEDs are not lighting. Just one faulty LED is detectable by the sensing circuit and turns the set off. Also each LED strip has a connector midway. these can give problems too. See attachment.                             Bruce

pheerson:
thanks guys ill have a check at the leds  see if any aren't lighting up. Hopefully that's the issue.

clark97:
Generally with these if its the main board you won't even get a flash from the lights, yours is almost certainly on of the led strips.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version