Author Topic: Sony KDL-46X3500 switches off and shows 5 red led diagnosis.  (Read 3874 times)

jas123

• Email
Hi, I have a sony kdl-46x3500 that presents with a 5 red led flash code.

It happened after it was moved, although I was told by the person who gave it to me that the tv had a power issue and wouldnt turn on, thats why he was throwing it out.

I took it off him and got it home and it worked straight away with out issue for a day. Then I moved it and got the fault.

The tv will turn on (green led) but no picture, then after about 30-1min will automatically switch off to show fault code.

I think the code means TCON problem, but I have unplugged the TCON and the connectors but the fault code stays the same.

After I removed the back and had been working on it (removed the tuner and the AVC board to access the FB2 board, I reinstalled the boards and the TV turned on to show normal picture. But when I turned it off and on again it went back to 5 led fault.

This has happened randomly twice, where it has come on, but then goes back to fault at restart?

I have tested some of the voltages but I need a more logical approach, as I dont know what order to test which voltage to where, to eliminate possible problems.

The caps on the pwer board look ok, and I cannot see any obvious problem....

I have the service manual and the schematics.

Im ok but no expert, I need someone with a bit of real experience to help if possible.

Thx.

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
download
download
download