Author Topic: Sony KDL-46X3500 switches off and shows 5 red led diagnosis.  (Read 3873 times)

jas123

• Email
Hi, I have a sony kdl-46x3500 that presents with a 5 red led flash code.

It happened after it was moved, although I was told by the person who gave it to me that the tv had a power issue and wouldnt turn on, thats why he was throwing it out.

I took it off him and got it home and it worked straight away with out issue for a day. Then I moved it and got the fault.

The tv will turn on (green led) but no picture, then after about 30-1min will automatically switch off to show fault code.

I think the code means TCON problem, but I have unplugged the TCON and the connectors but the fault code stays the same.

After I removed the back and had been working on it (removed the tuner and the AVC board to access the FB2 board, I reinstalled the boards and the TV turned on to show normal picture. But when I turned it off and on again it went back to 5 led fault.

This has happened randomly twice, where it has come on, but then goes back to fault at restart?

I have tested some of the voltages but I need a more logical approach, as I dont know what order to test which voltage to where, to eliminate possible problems.

The caps on the pwer board look ok, and I cannot see any obvious problem....

I have the service manual and the schematics.

Im ok but no expert, I need someone with a bit of real experience to help if possible.

Thx.

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
download