Author Topic: Panasonic TX-51P100H Internal Projection TV - worms all over picture !  (Read 2158 times)

Technomaniac

• Email
Hi. This set, which was given to me, has two tuners and can show a small picture of a second programme you want to keep an eye on while watching another. There is no sign of a picture in either place (large or inset) but in place of the pictures is a closeup of a WORM FARM ! There are wavy lines a few mm wide, covering both pictures. They are not long, full length worms going right across the picture, but shorter 150mm long individual worms, all more or less horizontal. The wave is perhaps 20mm wide (high). The worms do not move, but on changing channel appear in a different pattern, some variation in pattern occurring with scene change.. Sound is normal. The problem is present at all times, it is a while since I had it on, but I think the worms come in different colours. When the set was given to me some months ago I ran around it with the oscilloscope and couldn't decide what was producing the worms. I tried for a while to find a bunch of spare boards at a low price but without success. Has anyone experienced this who might give me a clue ?  I have a pretty poor service manual download.

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
download
download
download