Author Topic: AOC N27XA22-2 PSU fault  (Read 6600 times)

ProDave

• RF Electronics
    • Email
AOC N27XA22-2 PSU fault
« on: November 18, 2009,14:49:05 »
I've got an AOC Envision N27XA22-2 27" LCD tv with a faulty PSU.

It's a set I got faulty with a job lot, so I don't want to spend a lot on fixing it as I don't know what state the rest of the tv / panel etc is in.

The obvious fault is the PSU has blown.  The soldered in on board mains fuse has blown and the incoming bridge rectifier is short circuit. Having replaced both. it's still dead.

Further investigation revealed a blown track. That feeds a TOP426W switching regulator.

So my interpretation of what happened is the TOP246Y went SC, taking the bridge and fuse with it and the PCB track.  The TOP246Y is now O/C and apparently dead.

Before I spend money replacing the TOP246Y I'm keen to find a data sheet for this set, or at least a circuit diagram for the PSU, but I can find precious little about this particular model anywhere on the net.  I did however find someone on ebay selling an identical looking PSU but listed as being for an AOC L27W551T television, but again can't find a service manual for that one either.

Can anyone help with what appears to be a pretty obscure unpopular and probably old tv.

Further information. The part number of the PSU board is 715T1180 and googling that reveals that it is also used in another AOC set model number N32W551T and also a Norcent LT2722

EDIT:

Funny how collating all the information to post it helped solve my own problem.  I googled "Norcent LT2722 Service Manual" and found a free service manual download.  So although that's not an identical set (it's a newer version with more AV inputs) I now have the full service info for the power supply including schematics and a fault finding flowchart.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009,15:53:50 by ProDave »

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
download