Author Topic: True Blood:wonderful forever  (Read 2757 times)

teddy33

• Email
True Blood:wonderful forever
« on: April 13, 2010,23:23:00 »
Alan Ball told The New York Times that after all the doomy gloom of his series Six Feet Under,True Blood he was ready to do ''something that was a little more fun.''True Blood Thus True Blood, based on novels by Charlaine Harris that Ball enjoyed for their sardonic take on vampirism. True Blood follows Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin, X-Men), True Blooda saucy Southern waitress involved with vampire Bill Compton (88 Minutes' Stephen Moyer), who looks at Sookie the way Elvis Presley probably did when he first laid eyes on the 14-year-old Priscilla Beaulieu.
In the world created by Harris and now Ball, vampires walk among us (at night, anyway) due to the development of True Blood, a synthetic liquid that slakes vamps' thirst so they don't need to feed on humans. ''Need'' is the key word: True BloodThe naughtiest night creatures still enjoy dipping their fangs in the real stuff. Set in a tiny Louisiana town, True Blood is a Southern/absurdist/goth/civil rights horror show: Folks acknowledge that vampires exist; they just don't want 'em moving into their neighborhood.
True Blood,Having read Harris' Dead Until Dark, the Sookie book on which Ball says he primarily based True Blood, I'd say that the author is more vivid,True Blood, subtle, and funny in her portrayal of Southern life; I'll be surprised if her fans aren't disappointed by this adaptation. The best thing about Ball's shows is their opening credits. I loved Six Feet's coursing graphics even after I was so over the series, and I love Jace Everett's theme song for Blood. Singing the refrain ''True BloodI wanna do bad things with you'' with swampy lasciviousness, True Blood,Everett does what Ball cannot: He earns his hokeyness
________________________________________________________________________________________
stardvdcity
The Simpsons DVD 1-20
30 Rock DVD 1-3
Entourage DVD 1-6
True Blood DVD 1-2
The Office DVD 1-5
Nip Tuck DVD 1-5
Walt Disney DVD 153 Discs
MI5 DVD 1-8
Alias DVD 1-5
Monk DVD 1-7
Bones DVD 1-4
South Park DVD 1-12
Two and a Half Men DVD 1-6
007 James Bond dvd
The Sopranos DVD 1-6
Lost DVD 1-5
Navy NCIS DVD 1-6
Sex And The City DVD 1-6
Curb Your Enthusiasm DVD 1-7
House M.D DVD 1-5

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
download
download
download
download