Author Topic: LG MU42PM11 keeps blowing fuses  (Read 3556 times)

408ttop

• Email
LG MU42PM11 keeps blowing fuses
« on: September 02, 2010,15:39:48 »
 :s_hi: :sign0144:

I'll start from the beginning. About two weeks ago I found my monitor had sound but no picture, I was outside mowing when it happened so I have no idea what it did. I removed the back panel on the monitor and started checking things, found the FS2 fuse blown on the Z-sus board. At the time I didn't see any other major problems but I didn't look to hard. After doing some research on the net I went ahead and ordered a rebuilt board off of e-bay. After installing the rebuilt z-sus board, the monitor worked great for about 5 days then it blew the same fuse again. I was watching the monitor when it happened this time. When it happened, the color got real screwy, like I was looking at a photo negative of the picture. After about 1 min of this I heard a loud pop and lost the picture, still had sound tho.

This time I checked everything over very carefully. This is what I've found so far. On the y-sus board, the 2 680uf caps are a little swollen and the insulation on the L6 inductor, I think that's what it's called, is split, like its gotten too hot and started to melt. On the z-sus board the C5 47uf cap looks like someone almost poked a hole in the top of it, it's not blown out, it's more like someone hit it with a screwdriver. All of the ribbons going to the screen look good, none split, cracked or anything. And of course, the FS2 fuse on the z-sus board is blown.

My question is, could the damaged cap on the z-sus board cause the fuse to blow or could the caps and inductor on the y-sus board cause the FS2 fuse on the z-sus board to blow? Or should I be looking at something else like buffer or control boards?

I'm a mech by trade so I have a little electrical experience but not a lot.

Any help would be much appreciated.

:c017:

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
download
download
download
download