Author Topic: Philips EM2E chasis  (Read 3279 times)

Gandalf

Philips EM2E chasis
« on: May 21, 2007,06:05:15 »
There seems to be a lot of problems with this chassis that wont allow it to start up it.I have had problems also and found that by disabling the E/W circuit that the TV would start up and I was then able to access the SAM menu and found that the Horizontal drive was full on and most of the settings where right up also.
by reducing them all and then enabling the E/W again all was ok and the TV was sorted,
There are three ways of doing this.
1: put a link across 6481 diode to disable the drive to7480.
2:solder across pins 4 and 5 of 7482 opto coupler(make sure that resistor 3483 is ok first).
3:Remove the 200mA wickman fuse that is in series with Diode 6480(This is not shown on the circuit diagram in the service manual). if this allows the set to run and the drives are reduced but when the E/W is restored and the problem persists there may be no drive from the HOP I.C.on the SSP which is not driving the opto which causes the E/W FET to switch hard on forcing the PSU to shut down.
Hope this is of help to any one that has a problem like this with this chassis.Regards Ian.

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
download
download
download