Author Topic: Samsung LE40R74BD problem - burning smell. With clear photos!!  (Read 3192 times)

scthmr6

• Email
Any help at all will be great on this!

Ive got an LCD LE40R74BD Samsung TV that's started to hiss and then starts smelling of burning. The display is fine at the moment but this could be the start of the more common problem i suppose where the backlight packs in? Ive taken the back off and there is a connection that has burnt. The reason i think this is a different problem is that the capacitors are all looking fine. Here are photos to show clearly which part i mean.

Label:

Board with everything on:

Part removed that has a dodgy burnt connector: (I believe this is the Backlight Transformer)

Here you can see the burnt bit:

And on the other side it looks like this:

From what i can work out i believe it might be the Backlight Transformer on its last legs but how do i tell if this is the main cause of the issue or whether something else is causing this to overheat?

But to be honest i dont know much about electronics but I will always have a go at fixing things myself. Anyone know if this is a common fault with these?

Any help on this problem would be great!
Or any advice on where to get this part from (if this is the broken part) in the uk?
Or does any one have any thoughts on what could be causing a connection like this to overheat?

Thanks,
Scott

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
download
download