Author Topic: LG 42PC35 plasma TV  (Read 2261 times)

RoPopJorn

• Email
LG 42PC35 plasma TV
« on: September 13, 2011,15:29:18 »
hello

i own a LG 42PC35 plasma TV, technical specs can be found HERE for this model.

Having the following problems:

no signal on HDMI 1 port, tried PC, Xbox, sattelite reciever with different hdmi cables. the only response i had was from PC which actually sees the TV as secondary display, but on tv screen still no signal.

i should say from the start that I HAD signal on hdmi 1, which worked very well until i moved from one apartment to another and at my new place with the same setup/cable got the no signal message on screen for no apparent reason.

after searching the internet, I entered the service menu of the tv (with menu+menu) and changed the number of hdmi ports from 2 to 3 (as some websites suggested). my tv only has 2 ports but for some reasons other lg owners suggested that if the number of ports is changed to 3 on this model the 1 port is reset and works again.
well for me it did the following:

when having pc/xbox/satellite receiver inserted in hdmi 1 still no signal
when having pc/xbox/satellite receiver inserted in hdmi 2, no matter what hdmi port I select from tv input menu (1, 2, 3) i can see the image and i have signal on any of the 3 hdmi's

after changing the settings in the service menu, the side panel (tv buttons) stopped working. I can only get to work the standby button and the volume down button from tv.
the program up/down, ok, menu, input, work randomly after pressing them around 10-15 times. because of this i can not enter the service menu (by pressing menu on the remote and menu on the tv) to change the number of hdmi ports from 3 to 2 (which my tv actually has)

any ideas on how to access the service menu without the menu button on the tv, or how to get around this problem ? is there a way to do a hard reset, and not the "restore factory settings" from the usual menu?

any ideas why the hdmi 1 shows no signal while the PC sees the TV as a secondary display ?

any idea / solution / tip is much appreciated .

thanks

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
download
download
download
download