Author Topic: Sufficient Proof - Resurrected Neon 24 inch LCD TV  (Read 6101 times)

E Parton

• Email
Sufficient Proof - Resurrected Neon 24 inch LCD TV
« on: December 13, 2011,13:21:17 »
Hi Friends ..
I think this is sufficient proof ..that we all need to get involved with reading and cloning SPI flash chips (firmwares from working TVs)
Since such preprogrammed chips are not made available ..its the only way
We need to build the database ..
2 weeks ago I had a Neon C2469F in for repair ...
Totally dead but for standby light ..
Nothing would make it come out of standby ...so ...I bid on and bought an identical TV ..but with a faulty screen ..
This I was able to canabalise for its main board ..which was fitted in the customers TV ..and completed the repair ..
But NOT before I removed the 25X32 SPI flash ..and copied its contents ..
Convinced an over the air upgrade had bricked the original..
The good flash eprom was then fitted in the 2nd board ..and the set returned home to the customer job done ..

I then ordered some 25x32 winbond spi fash chips from China ..
They arrived today ..so I flashed the cloned contents into one ..and fitted it in the original customer 'dead' board ..the one stuck in standby ..
The board was fitted in the set with the faulty screen ...and apart from the line down the screen ...its plain to see ..it was a success ..
Perhaps this will serve to encourage more of you to get involved in cloning  and reading these chips ..for the benefit of us all..
rgds
Evan

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.