Author Topic: A day on the road.  (Read 2153 times)

Restorer79

A day on the road.
« on: April 01, 2012,14:52:35 »
Been a sort of unusual day, had a load of outside repairs to do on a weird mix of things.
1) Started with the local butchers & a dead scales, simple fix: Just the fuse died of old age.
2) Was a Chinese takeaway with a duff chipper that they tried to chip a stone with :oops: had to take that to my mates workshop, cut a new keyway in the drive shaft & make a new key for it.
3) Was an Indian takeaway with a Duff hot cupboard, could'nt fix that on the spot. Element o/c so had to order a new 1.
4) Was in the same Indian: A 12KW Fryer with a burn up, some moron had used 6mm T/E to feed it & it finally gave up the ghost when they decided to use both baskets, unfortunately the burn up took out some other bits as well. Luckily the local sparky had some 10mm T/E i could buy off of him & I had a suitable replacement ceramic connector block & Plenty of Tefzel wire & connectors in my spares kit.
5) A local Garage with a dead 2 post ramp, this was stuck with a car at the top of the lift. Luckily it was only bad connections at the Motor block.
6) A cabinet makers shop with a Dead Planer thicknesser & a carpenter in Panic as he was in the middle of a rush job, Luckily it was only the on / off switch & I had a suitable Double pole rocker switch in my spares kit.

I know the money comes in handy, but i prefer my Saturdays a bit quieter Lol.
Think its time for a bit of R & R and a couple of cold ones :brinda:

Andy

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012,14:55:11 by Restorer79 »
May the Avo never die.

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
download
download
download
download