Author Topic: Pure One Mini - No go.  (Read 2324 times)

Turnip

• Administrator
    • Email
Pure One Mini - No go.
« on: November 05, 2014,10:20:20 »
Hi folks.
Got one from the Flea - reputed duff. Switched on and the display came up, but with a low backlight. Went on to search for channels and found a lot - No sound though.

Had a look inside finding a SMD diode cremated near the supply socket - changed the diode from scrap and the backlight came up, no sound though.

Noticed a miniscule 3mm square chip near the speaker wires - had a hole in the top so suspect wrong supply used. Chip has legend 'BTQ T1 8AA1' - Can't find one on line.

Thought no probs as have them on scrap panels, only 8 pins too. Tried get it off the board then realised the lower body of the chip was also soldered for heat sinking and I couldn't get it off.

Later - Flooded the top with LMP solder then cleaned the underside, soldered, and with a bit of heat the chip slid off. Problem now is - How can I secure the new chip to the print before soldering, as it tends to jump about a bit like a demented flea ? - Wonder if there's an solderable adhesive for the purpose ?

Secured it with microscopic blobs of glue on the non-contact sides, let it dry, then tried solder, difficult as there are no exposed pins, just a micron of track. Didn't work - not so surprised - Fun though, as got the battery cover I needed for an earlier one, and a decent unbent telescopic aerial - Chris.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014,13:00:22 by Turnip »

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
download
download
download