Author Topic: Panasonic NN-CF778SBPQ Inverter microwave - Earth Leak.  (Read 3462 times)

Turnip

• Administrator
    • Email
Panasonic NN-CF778SBPQ Inverter microwave - Earth Leak.
« on: February 08, 2015,10:18:34 »
Hi Folks,

Have one of these where custs trip flips at odd times, even if MW isn't being used.

Checked for earth leaks and found 200k from live to earth, nothing from neg to earth until I boiled some water where I then got a similar leak from both live and neg, but the neg leak rapidly faded away.

Checked magnetron as anode goes to earth, but no problem there.

Bit puzzled as thought with machine not running, magnetron couldn't be the problem. Also removed every earth connection I could find but the 200k leak remains. Had the odd case where the turntable motor became leaky, but this machine doesn't have one.

Any thoughts ? - Thanks, Chris.

Later - Took it apart and last thing checked was rear element for fan oven - leak to earth found, but no replacements available as it's too new for folks to list spares.

Panasonic suggest my nearest dealer, some 50 miles away, who will not supply spares, but will do the job for a price.

Found chap in Cornwall who has one where the inverter expired - as they do: regularly, as they're total crap - Getting the element though, just hope has no earth leak.

Cornish element the biz, and with no leaks, remaining problem was the lamp - was a short 15 Watt with 20mm bulb diameter into a housing of some 22mm. Most bulbs are 25mm but got one for a Sammy that was 25 watts and 20cm diameter.

Job done, but not so keen on 'Panasonic', as they don't seem to care a fart for customers.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015,13:19:45 by Turnip »

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
download
download
download
download