Forum > DVD/VIDEO/Home Cinemas/Hi-Fi/Camcorders

RNIB Sovereign KA-S007 MP3 Player.

(1/1)

Turnip:
Hi folks,

Have a couple in where maybe the wrong DC adaptor was used. Correct adaptor 5v -ve centre pin so guess folks have used any old +ve centre pin adaptor and popped what looks like a SMD FET with legend 5567 on the one not totally cremated.

Searched around for 5567 and found nothing, attach a pic. Any thoughts ? - Chris.

caslad:
Hi,

Just had one of these to look at, the SMD is cracked but the identifier is LTH7 this is the lion battery charger. The one I have is charging the battery but is otherwise dead. I think other things have died as a result of this failing? Sent a message to KingsAudio who import these to see if spare panels are available.

downunder:

Hell, Chris, that's totally buggered. Tried a search at UT Source in you-know-where, who seem to have most everything. 5567 comes up, but has many prefixes e.g. AT, LM, LTC, MPC, PP, SR.

I'm none the wiser for it, and nor are you, but good luck with it.

Bruce

Turnip:
Thanks Caslad and Bruce,

Trouble is that PS plug is centre negative, and folks use any old centre positive crap and pop the control FET leaving just a black crisp with six pins.

Went through dozens of lists but couldn't sort a device, as suspect it's not a single FET from the wiring, but can't suss what it is, and as it's Chinese, natch' no info.

Have a chum involved with lesser sighted folks, so would naturally like to suss, even though the unit went for only about 25 Quid - Many thanks - Chris.

Turnip:
Hi folks,

Just got a working one in - LTH7 chip is LTC4054 and 20 for 2 quid inc post from China. Realise that polarity reversal possibly duffs up other bits (why didn't they fit a series diode) but only that chip appears burnt, and at only 5v. Newer version might incorporate something - haven't yet checked - Chris.

Attach pics of original and later version

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version