Forum > LCD TV forum

Panasonic TX-26lxd70

(1/2) > >>

Gonzini:
Hi guys
Just joined the forum :)
I'm still using an ageing Panasonic TX-26lxd70 which from time to time doesn't always power up from cold.
It looks like when it gets to the point were the backlight would strike it drops out and i just get a flashing red power LED.
After a 2 or 3 power cycles with the main top power button it can start up OK.
Its has but not very often seemed to reset after being on for a while, usually loose the remote control after that happens.
I've just tried the factory reset with the V/- + i on the remote but think its more hardware like a cap failing in the PSU maybe.
Also i wondered if it is actually the backlight tubes, i read today that it has been mentioned on a certain vintage with these Panasonic's.
Anyone come across this problem with this model?
Not removed the back yet and checked the ESR on any caps, i guess if it gets worse I'll end up getting more involved.
Cheers

downunder:

Welcome to the forum, Gonzini.  Perhaps this is your problem.                      Bruce

Gonzini:
Hi, Thanks!
Interesting PDF that, I've just checked my S/W and its at 5580-10000
Not sure how their version numbering works but the update mentioned is 3090 which appears to be a back step but maybe not...!
Tried a quick search for sddl_7lxdv3090.zip but nothing came up.
Is there a source out there for Panasonic F/W for these older TV's?
Cheers

downunder:

Nah! Checked the oceana website but nought there. Of course, I d expect mfrs would delete older firmwares as time progresses in order to force you to buy another tv. Good luck with it.                         Bruce

downunder:
Just checked my old notes but nothing leaps out at me. Factory reset:

Press and hold VOL +/- for 3+ seconds> Go to SYSTEM in Factory Mode Menu. Enter 999 to reset

Will upload service manual to downloads section.     Bruce

Later:- sorry, internet's slow - timing out. Will try again later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version